Emergency situations can strike at any time, and the best way to be prepared is to have a plan in place. That’s where MassOMS comes in. We are proud to offer emergency oral surgery services to the Massachusetts, area. We understand that these occurrences can be overwhelming and scary, but our team is here to provide the care and support you need when you need it most.
Contact us today to learn more about our emergency surgery services, so you will be well-equipped for the unexpected.
Reasons for Emergency Oral Surgery
When you or a loved one experiences an emergency situation that results in damage to the face or mouth, urgent surgery may be required. There are many reasons why someone might require these emergency services, but the most common reason is due to an accident or injury. Some other reasons why someone might require emergency oral facial surgery include the following:
- Cancerous tumor removal: Oral cancer can occur on the lips, tongue, gums, or anywhere else in the mouth. If a tumor is found, it will need to be removed as soon as possible.
- Severe tooth infection: A tooth infection can cause severe pain, swelling, and fever. If not treated promptly, it can spread to other parts of the body and become life-threatening.
- Severe tooth decay: In cases where a tooth is damaged or decayed beyond treatment, the tooth must be extracted. If extraction is delayed, the tooth decay can spread to other teeth and cause further damage.
- Facial lacerations: Lacerations to the face can occur due to accidents, sports injuries, or other trauma. If the laceration is deep enough, it may require stitches to close the wound.
- Facial fracture: A facial fracture is a break in one or more of the bones of the face; the most susceptible to breakage tend to be the nose, jaw, cheekbone, and eye socket. If the fracture is severe, it may require surgery to repair.
- Jaw dislocation: A dislocated jaw occurs when the lower jaw is forced out of alignment with the upper jaw. This can be extremely painful, and surgery is often required to fix the problem.
Care in 24 Hours
We understand that time is of the essence in these situations, and we will work quickly and efficiently to get our patients the treatment that they need. Through our dedication to the well-being of those we serve, it is our mission to provide surgical services within 24 hours of service requests. We will work to fit the patient into our schedule as soon as possible and provide the necessary surgical care. By providing a timely response to these emergencies, we hope to minimize the stress and anxiety that our patients may be feeling while maximizing their prospects of full recovery.
Our Experienced Team
An oral or facial emergency is a difficult experience for everyone involved. We understand that you may be feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about what to do next.
We want you to know that you can trust our experts to provide the best possible care for your needs while performing no less than what we decipher to be the best treatment for your situation. We have the knowledge and experience to handle any type of oral or facial emergency, and we will work diligently to ensure that you are comfortable, content, and in control amidst any crisis. We appreciate your confidence in us, and we will do everything we can to exceed your expectations.
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.